Monday, January 5

Rome, Day 2

Seriously, if you ever want to walk more than you ever have and eat more than you ever have, come to Italy and visit me! We've been walking and exploring the city like crazy people! And just wait until you hear about our dinner...

Today we had a bunch of Orientation sessions and we got our cell phones - I'll give you my number if you want it, but I much prefer Skype! (333-383-4506)

We had lunch at a sandwich shop and everyone laughed at our inability to open a door the right way (they push to go inside, not pull FYI!) and our horribly broken Italian. We're pretty much just at the point and smile stage - although we've quickly learned grazie and scuzi.

We visited our other school site, where will be going for our Italian classes, its beautiful and right by the Spanish steps! You wouldn't believe how the streets are - there are too many people to fit on the little sidewalk so everyone just walks in them, there are so many people! I don't think I would be able to drive because you just have to wait for everyone to move!

Everytime you cross a street is an adventure, there are barely any lights, only at the busy streets, so you simply step out in to the street and cross with confidence!

The Italians are so cheerful and friendly - everyone wants to help us and knows enough English for us to all communicate pretty well.

We've figured out the Metro system for the most part and even had some time today to find our way from one part of town to the next.

Today, we had delicious dinner at a pizzeria! I had la bianco (white pizza) with mozzarello di buffala, spinaci, et parmigiano. I'm sure you can guess what that is. We have every meal with an antipasti - fried zucchini covered in bread crumbs, prosciutto, more mozzarella, lots of bread, fried mozzarella balls, olive paste on toast, and more - I can't even keep up with how much food we've had. Everything is fresh and amazing! This morning we had cappucino and cornetto - which is a typical Italian pastry - delicious!

We had hazelnut gelato for dessert. Which comes standard with every meal.

The food is absolutely amazing!

Tomorrow, we are going to an early mass for the Ephiany tomorrow with il Papa then will do even more walking around before heading off to our families.


Thanks for your comments, miss you all! And honestly, as soon as I have more than twenty minutes to myself, I will put up pictures!

xoxo

5 comments:

Grace said...

sounds like another amazing day
much love and can't wait to see your photos!

gracie

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! You must eat your way through the city and take notes for me. Can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Reminds me of my visits there years ago. I'm going to have to brush up on using Skype. Can't wait to hear about your family" and their house.
--Vince

Anonymous said...

HUGS TO YOU, BRIDGET! YOU WILL LOVE ROME. ITALY IS SUCH A WONDERFUL COUNTY It is just great to be able to connect with you so easily. Of course, once you get going with classes and friends, you won't have a lot of time, but do keep up your blog. It is such a wonderful way of feeling close to you and revisiting one of our favorite cities. Carpe Diem!

love, G'ma

Anonymous said...

Gitte my love! Sounds like your having an AMAZING time! I'm so glad everything went well the first few days :)

Miss you lots, tell Luigi I say hi! haha we'll do sykpe soon :)

<3 Amanda