Sunday, January 4

Buona Sera!

Ciao! It's about 10:45 & I haven't slept since I got up yesterday at 9.00...

The plane ride went by really quickly & we landed safely. Tomorrow I'll be getting my new cell phone number & will be giving out that number as soon as I have it - how Italian phones work is that any calls received are totally free. Otherwise, I'll be using skype... (bridget_theresa)

Let's see, pictures will be coming up, but as for now, I'll give you a run down of what we were up to today:

We began with a quick walking tour of our neighborhood then we grabbed a quick lunch at a table caldo, where the food is hot and already prepared and you just order what you want. I had pizza with mozzarella and potatoes on it. yum!

we had a little time to kill, so martine and I went walking around the city up to the Tevere River (the Tiber) and across a couple bridges and down some old steps - like I said, pictures will be up ASAP.

then, we were led on a 4 hour walking tour of Italy...part one. We saw the Coliseum at night, explored all the piazzas and then sat down to the hugest dinner EVER. but very delicious.

we just went out to this artsy italian bar & walked around St. Peter's Square at night.


Anyway, I'll be putting up pictures soon. Talk to you soon! xoxo

4 comments:

Grace said...

Bridgey!! It sounds like you had an amazing first day and I hope that you have fun for the next three months! You sure did alot on just the first day, can't wait to hear more and see gorgeous pictures!
Love you so much,
Grace

MaryJane said...

Bridge!
I'm so glad you made it there safely. Sounds like you were busy getting to know the area as soon as you got off the plane. :-)

Can't wait to see pictures. And I'm jealous of the food. How I wish...

News from the States:
The Lion King was incredible. I had chills the whole time. So creative, colorful, and talented.

Will catch up with you very soon.

-Caitlin

Anonymous said...

Hi Bridge! Great to here you made it and are enjoying the experience --hard not to enjoy, right? Thanks for the blogs. Keep them coming. -Vince

Lynn said...

miss you already, miss thing! texted you saturday, but i think your phone was already off. can't wait to see your pics!

PS. the office just isn't the same without my boo. :(