Tuesday, March 17

The Vatican

Well I know its been a while since I've updated - but as I promised, you're only getting it once or twice a week.

I've calculated how many days I have left in Rome: 7 including the rest of today...
How sad does that make you? Cause it makes me sad.

Anyway, last Wednesday, we went to the Papal Audience at St. Peters and here are some pictures from that day:


Martine & Beatrice waiting for il papa


This has such a been there, done that feeling for me. But regardless, il Papa in the PopeMobile

Talking on the TV - in seven languages


Again. He speaks: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Latin


After we saw the pope, we found a party! This was at Mercato Trionfale, across the street from where Mom stayed when she was here. At the party was music, free food (I'm not joking), entertainment (such as men on stilts and jugglers), and TONS of confetti!

The next day, I went to the Vatican Museums - I didn't actually get that many pictures, sorry, but I did a good one of The School of Athens by Raphael.

 

This is a video (illegally taken, of course) of the Sistine Chapel Ceiling.

No comments: